Servings: 18-20 cookies
Prep time: 25 mins
Cook time: 10 mins
- 2¼ cups flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 cup salted butter, softened
- ¾ cups sugar
- ¾ cups brown sugar
- 1 ½ tsp vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 1 ½ cups Laura Secord Candy Coated Mini Eggs (keep about half of the quantity whole and chopped up the rest)
1. Preheat the oven to 375°F
2. Combine the flour and the baking soda. Set aside
3. In a large bowl, beat together the butter, sugar, brown sugar and vanilla extract until the mixture is smooth and creamy
4. Add the eggs and continue to beat until the dough is mixed.
5. Add the flour and the baking soda and continue to beat until the dough is mixed.
6. Add the crushed mini-eggs to the dough and mix gently.
7. Using the ice cream scoop, make balls with the dough, then place them on the baking sheet covered with parchment paper.
8. Place the whole mini-eggs on top of the dough to decorate the cookies