For 6 or 12 cupcakes
- Pastry bag
- Cupcake tin x 6
- 1 x Laura Secord dark chocolate baking squares 225 g (can be replaced with Laura Secord 70% cocoa mini chocolate chips 250 g)
- 3 eggs
- ½ cup of butter
- ¼ cup of sugar
- 2 tablespoon of flour
- 200 g Laura Secord 70% cocoa mini chocolate chips
- 6 eggs
- 1 pinch of salt
- 1- Preheat oven at 390°F.
- 2- Mix the egg yolks, sugar, flour and melted butter in a bowl.
- 3- In a bowl, beat the egg whites until soft peaks form.
- 4- Add melted chocolate to the mix and fold in the stiffly beaten egg whites.
- 5- Pour the preparation in a buttered muffin tin and place it in the pre-heated oven for 30 minutes.
- 6- Let it cool
Chocolate mousse frosting
- 1- Break the chocolate into small pieces and place in a double-boiler on low heat. When it’s completely melted, slowly stir the mixture into a smooth paste. Remove from the heat and allow to cool.
- 2- Break the eggs, separating the whites from the yolks. Add salt and beat them to form stiff peaks.
- 3- Slowly add melted chocolate over the egg yolks and mix briskly.
- 4- With a spatula, carefully, fold the whisked egg whites into the chocolate mixture.
- 5- Allow mousse to set in the refridgerator for at least 3 hours.
- 6- Fill a pastry bag with the mousse and apply to each cupcake.
Decorate with your favorite chocolate and chocolate sprinkles.