Spicy Chocolate Mousse with Maple Jelly
- 125ml of lukewarm water
- ½ sachet of plain gelatin (7g)
- ¾ cup of Laura Secord maple syrup
- 1 Laura Secord 100 g chocolate bar (milk or dark)
- 4 eggs, separated
- ¼ cup of sugar
- ¼ tsp ground cinnamon
- ¼ tsp ground ginger
- In a bowl, mix the water with the gelatin and leave it to rise for about 5 minutes.
- In a saucepan, bring the maple syrup to a boil. Add the water with the gelatin and stir. Bring to a boil again then remove from heat. Let cool.
- Pour into eight dessert cups or jars.
- Melt the chocolate using a bain-marie.
- In a bowl, beat the egg whites until stiff. Reserve.
- In another bowl, beat the egg yolks and sugar until the mixture turns white.
- Add the spices and chocolate to the egg yolks, mixing gently.
- Add the egg whites to this mixture.
- Place the mousse on the maple jelly (make sure the jelly has set before doing this step).
- Refrigerate until serving time and decorate the jars as desired!