Preparation: 20 minutes
Cooking time: 60 minutes
- 1/3 cup of butter
- ¼ cup of sugar
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla
- 3 eggs
- 1 ½ cup of sifted white all purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon of cocoa powder
- ¼ teaspoon of baking powder
- ¾ cup of Laura Secord semi-sweet chocolate chips
- ½ cup of chopped walnuts
- 125 ml of red wine (ideally dry wine)
Preheat oven at 360°F.
Turn the butter and sugar to cream. Add egg yolks and keep the egg whites aside. Beat the eggs properly. Add vanilla.
Mix flour, cocoa powder, baking powder and cinnamon in a bowl.
Add dry ingredients in turns with the wine.
Add chocolate chips and walnuts.
Beat the egg whites and add them slowly to the recipe.
Grease a crown mold (approx. 26 cm) and add the mix.
Cook in the oven for 50 to 60 minutes. Let cool for fifteen minutes and un-mold.