- 1/3 cup of butter
- ¼ cup of sugar
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla
- 3 eggs
- 1 ½ cup of sifted white all purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon of cocoa powder
- ¼ teaspoon of baking powder
- ¾ cup of Laura Secord semi-sweet chocolate chips
- ½ cup of chopped walnuts
- 125 ml of red wine (ideally dry wine)
- Preheat oven at 360°F.
- Turn the butter and sugar to cream. Add egg yolks and keep the egg whites aside. Beat the eggs properly. Add vanilla.
- Mix flour, cocoa powder, baking powder and cinnamon in a bowl.
- Add dry ingredients in turns with the wine.
- Add chocolate chips and walnuts.
- Beat the egg whites and add them slowly to the recipe.
- Grease a crown mold (approx. 26 cm) and add the mix.
- Cook in the oven for 50 to 60 minutes. Let cool for fifteen minutes and un-mold.