Almond, orange & chocolate shortbread cookies
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1 cup regular flour
- A pinch of salt
- ¾ cup salted butter, room temperature
- ½ cup of sugar
- 1-2 tbsp orange zest (to taste)
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 tsp of vanilla
- Laura Secord Chocolatey Spread
- Powdered sugar for decoration
|Servings||Cook time||Prep time||Standing time|
|10-14 cookies||15 minutes||20 minutes||15 minutes|
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- In a medium bowl, combine almond flour, regular flour and salt. Set aside.
- In another bowl, whisk the butter, sugar and orange zest.
- Add egg yolk and vanilla, mix. Then add the rest of the dry ingredients previously set aside.
- Mix well until a paste forms.
- Roll dough out on a well-floured surface until about ¼ inch thick. (Be careful with the dough which is very crumbly. Roll gently and put flour on the rolling pin regularly).
- Cut out the cookies with the cookie cutters (leave some cookies full and the others with a heart cut-out in the middle) and place them on a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Bake for about 10-15 minutes.
- Leave to cool. Spread Laura Secord Chocolatey Spread over solid cookies and sprinkle powdered sugar over window cookies. Assemble the two like a sandwich.