Banana & chocolate bread – Dairy & egg free
- 1 ½ cups of flour
- 1 tsp. of baking powder
- 1 tsp. of baking soda
- 3 bananas
- ½ cup of coconut milk
- 1 tsp. of lime juice
- ½ cup of margarine
- 1 cup of white sugar
- 1 ½ tsp. of vanilla extract
- 1 cup of semi-sweet chocolate chips (Note that these are lactose-free chocolate chips, but with possible traces)
|Cook time||Prep time|
|45 minutes||25 minutes|
- Preheat the oven to 350F. Grease a large loaf pan or 4 small loaf pans which are the equivalent of the large one.
- In a first bowl, mix the flour, baking powder and baking soda.
- In a second bowl, mash the bananas with a fork and mix them with the coconut milk and lime juice.
- In a third bowl, whisk the margarine with the sugar then add the vanilla extract. Add the contents of the first and second bowl alternately, mixing gently.
- Add chocolate chips.
- Bake for about 45 minutes in the small pans or 1 hour in the large pan or until a toothpick comes out dry.
- Leave to cool before unmoulding.