Cook time: 25 minutes
Prep time: 30 minutes + 12h00 standing time
Rose petal decoration:
- 1 red rose
- 1 egg white
- 1 cup of crushed chocolate cookie crumbs
- ¼ cup of melted butter
- 1 pkg (250 g) softened cream cheese
- ¼ cup of sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 bar (100 g) Laura Secord 70% dark chocolate
- 1 cup frozen raspberries
- ¼ cup of sugar
- 1 pack of plain gelatin (15 g)
- 100 ml of hot water
One day before (for rose petal decoration)
1. Beat white eggs slightly.
2. Brush with the egg white one petal at a time on both sides.
3. Delicately sprinkle the sugar to completely coat the petal and place it on a wire rack.
4. Repeat these steps for all the rose petals. Let stand in the open air overnight.
1. Preheat oven to 350 F.
2. Grease a large muffin silicone pan (6 cups of ½ cup capacity each).
3. Combine the ingredients for the crust and divide evenly between the moulds (about 2 tbsp each). Press well with the back of a spoon or fingers.
4. Bake for 7 minutes in the oven and let cool.
5. Beat the cream cheese with the sugar then add the eggs one by one. Incorporate the melted chocolate.
6. Distribute the filling mixture evenly over the crust of each cavity.
7. Cook 12-13 minutes and let cool at room temperature for about 30 minutes then place in the refrigerator for about 2-3 hours.
8. In a small saucepan, add the raspberries and sugar. Heat over medium heat so that the raspberries turn to puree.
9. In a small pot with 100 ml of hot water, add the gelatin pack, mix well and let stand 2-3 minutes.
10. Remove the raspberries from the heat and add the gelatin mixture.
11. Let cool slightly before placing the raspberry jelly on the cakes. Pour over the cakes up to the rim of the moulds, then place back in the refrigerator for about 2 to 3 hours.
12. Once the cakes are cooled, unmould them and then decorate them with the crystalized rose petals.