French & Frosted Mint Chocolate Cheesecake
For the crust
- 230 g of crushed chocolate cookies or chocolate crumbs
- 70 g unsalted melted butter
For the cake
- 500 g of room temperature cream cheese
- ¾ cup of powdered sugar
- 478 ml of 35% cream
- 2 tsp of vanilla
- ½ tsp of mint essence
- 15 drops of green food coloring
- 14 pieces of French & Frosted Mint Chocolates (7 green and 7 brown)
- 3 pieces of brown mint chocolates
|8 small cakes|
- Mix the chocolate cookie base with the melted butter for the crust.
- In a silicone muffin mold, place the preparation at the bottom of each cavity and crush well. Place in the fridge while you prepare the rest.
- Whip the cream cheese and powdered sugar with an electric mixer.
- Add the cream, vanilla, mint extract and food coloring then blend until stiff peaks form.
- Cut the Laura Secord mint chocolates into small pieces and incorporate them to the mixture, stirring gently.
- Fill moulds with cake mix and refrigerate overnight.
- Cut the strawberries in 2 lengthwise and garnish with the rest of the cake mix preparation then put them in the fridge as well.
- Before serving, melt 3 pieces of mint chocolates and decorate the tops of the cakes.