For the bar
- 4 tbsp (60 ml) of butter
- 250 g of marshmallow
- ½ tsp of vanilla extract
- 6 cups of puffed rice cereal like Rice Krispies
For the decoration
- 350 g of chocolate of your choice (dark, milk, white)
- 15-25 chocolate covered pretzels
- 8 small red marshmallows
- 32 chocolate chips
- Melt the butter over low heat in a large casserole.
- Add the marshmallows and stir constantly until they melt.
- Remove from heat. Add the vanilla. Add the cereals and stir well to obtain a uniform mixture.
- In a pre-buttered 13 x 9 inches mold, place the mixture and level it using a spatula.
- Leave to cool for about 1 hour then cut into rectangles to make between 12 and 16 pieces.
- Melt the chocolate for the coating in a bain-marie. Using a spoon, spread a layer over each rectangle.
- Decorate each piece with 2 chocolate chips for the eyes, a small colored red marshmallow cut in half for the muzzle and a pretzel cut in half for the antlers. Let cool at least 3 hours before serving so to let the chocolate set.