- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp of baking powder
- 1 cup of white flour
- ¾ cup of Laura Secord milk chocolate flavoured spread*
- ½ cup additional of Laura Secord milk chocolate flavoured spread for the topping
- ¼ of chopped hazelnuts
* You can also use Laura Secord hazelnut spread
1. Preheat oven at 350F.
2. Split egg yolk and egg white.
3. Beat egg yolk and the spread. Reserve.
4. Beat the egg whites until stiff and add it to the previous mixture.
5. Add flour and baking powder. Mix well (you can finish by gently kneading).
6. Let the dough rest in the refrigerator for 10 minutes.
7. Form balls (about 20 balls) and place them on a baking sheet previously lined with parchment paper.
8. With your finger or a rounded shape, create a small pit on top and fill it with spread.
9. Place in the oven for approximately 8 minutes, remove and allow to cool.
10. Add more spread on the top of each cookie. Add chopped hazelnuts. Enjoy!